Welcome to my blog!


I completely abandoned it a year or so ago but I'm back, now, still trying to discern a call to ministry (?) and figure out how to weave the various strands of my spiritual interests together with what seems to be an insistent call I haven't yet answered.

How it will all look, I have no idea!

So these posts will be for me until I can figure out exactly what I will offer to others.

You're still welcome to join me for tea & contemplation. :)

Meditation Video

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Blessingway: Creating Sacred Space

The Blessingway Ritual

The Blessingway began as a Native American tradition for women about to give birth. I think it's a fantastic gift for mommies-to-be, but also can be used as a spiritual way to nurture women whether they are pregnant or not.

You can use it to nurture or "birth" yourself as a ritual using each step of the process or any particular part of it that calls out to you at the time.

So I offer it here to you each Monday, hoping you will use this ritual to nurture and create growth and healing. And I would love to hear about your experiences. Each week, I will describe a different part of the blessingway ceremony. You can use them separately and then, try them all together if you'd like.

The first part of the ritual involves creating sacred space.
Creating Sacred Space

As this part of the blessingway ritual begins, each person can clear and prepare her space and herself. There are a couple of methods they could use for preparing themselves and they could use them both for clearing their space, as well.

Clearing Themselves

You and each of the women present could do any or all of the following...

Rose Water: in a bowl, place filtered water and add rose petals or rose essential oil. Dip your hands inside and focus on releasing anything (thoughts, feelings, energies) you don't want to bring into the healing space.

Sea Salt Spray Bottle: after pouring in an ounce of sea salt and 10 drops of lemon or sage essential oil, fill a spray bottle with filtered water and roll the bottle back and forth in your hands to blend. Spray lightly around yourself to clear negative thoughts/feelings/energy from your energy field.


Clearing Their Space

Each woman also can use either one of those methods, or both, for clearing her space. First, designate an area for this motherhood work and create a healing space or circle (of space) to work in.

Rose Water: if you have used a bowl of rose water to clear your energy field, use your hand to fling several drops into the air around your healing circle.

Sea Salt Spray: if you chose the spray bottle, spray a wide circle around the area you have designated for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment