Welcome to my blog!


I completely abandoned it a year or so ago but I'm back, now, still trying to discern a call to ministry (?) and figure out how to weave the various strands of my spiritual interests together with what seems to be an insistent call I haven't yet answered.

How it will all look, I have no idea!

So these posts will be for me until I can figure out exactly what I will offer to others.

You're still welcome to join me for tea & contemplation. :)

Meditation Video

Thursday, June 24, 2010

When Were You Born? Part Two of Medicine Wheel ~~ East

We pick up our discussion of this part of the medicine wheel with Hawk...

Hawk

"If you seek mental clarity on an emotional problem that you can't see your way around, the hawk will help you to zero in on the crux of the issue and work through it."~~Stefanie Weiss, Spirit Animals: Unlocking the Secrets of Our Animal Companions

(1) Hawk helps you see things from a new perspective, to take a break when you're too close to an issue and step back long enough to gain a different perspective.

(2) Hawk can help you learn to trust your own wisdom. If you can hang on to a higher, spiritual perspective, that may be easier to do.

Air Element

This direction is connected to the air element. Generally speaking, the air element is associated with mental activity, with getting organized, with making and keeping commitments, with clearing clutter, with "clearing the air", finding your voice and communicating your truth, with getting more deeply in touch with your inner life, with your purpose.

(1) This energy is the one you can harness for assessing your life as it is today and deciding which changes you are ready to make.

(2) It also can be used for more clearly discerning and expressing your soul's purpose. And can help you clear away whatever has been in the way of living it fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment