Welcome to my blog!


I completely abandoned it a year or so ago but I'm back, now, still trying to discern a call to ministry (?) and figure out how to weave the various strands of my spiritual interests together with what seems to be an insistent call I haven't yet answered.

How it will all look, I have no idea!

So these posts will be for me until I can figure out exactly what I will offer to others.

You're still welcome to join me for tea & contemplation. :)

Meditation Video

Thursday, July 22, 2010

When Were You Born? The Thunderbird Clan in Native American Astrology


Which clan are you a part of: turtle, frog, butterfly or thunderbird?

Native American Astrology

This is a spiritual system that uses a twelve-month calendar and connects birthdates with power animals, elements, seasonal animals and animal clans.
Native American astrology connects each birth date range with a clan animal. There are four clans: butterfly, turtle, frog and thunderbird.

Thunderbird Clan

If you are a member of the thunderbird clan, then you have the eagle as an animal spirit companion.

Thunderbird Clan Member Birthdates

March 21st-April 19th
July 23rd-August 22nd
November 22nd-December 21st

What Thunderbird/Eagle Offers

"The Thunderbird, to the Native Americans, is most often depicted in the form of an eagle. This was the great spirit who controlled lightning and rain, punishment and reward. To the Plains Cree all eagles had mystical power, and these powers could be shared by anyone who possessed part of the bird. To align oneself with eagle medicine is to take on the responsibility and the power of becoming so much more than you now appear to be. To accept the eagle as a totem is to accept a powerful new dimension to life, and a heightened responsibility for your spiritual growth."--Ted Andrews, Animal Speak

Next Post: How to Connect More Deeply

No comments:

Post a Comment