Welcome to my blog!


I completely abandoned it a year or so ago but I'm back, now, still trying to discern a call to ministry (?) and figure out how to weave the various strands of my spiritual interests together with what seems to be an insistent call I haven't yet answered.

How it will all look, I have no idea!

So these posts will be for me until I can figure out exactly what I will offer to others.

You're still welcome to join me for tea & contemplation. :)

Meditation Video

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Spiritual Journey: Rebuilding My Faith

During a sort of lull where I was sure of my relationship with God because I still felt God's presence but wasn't sure of much else, I started to explore my interest in all things healing.

That helped me clear away a lot of denial and get a lot more honest about the questions and doubts I had always had. Coming out to myself just intensified the need to think through what I believed about God, about life, about life after death, about being Christian and gay, about my life purpose.

And then I spent two years training to be a spiritual director and at the same time, began crafting a theology.

Where I have landed is a kind of progressive, emergent and liberal Christianity that allows for all those questions, which makes the meaning of the Bible's love story more important than whether or not I take every page of it literally.

Which gives me room to connect to a mother God instead of limiting me to a strictly male father God. And honors my strong intuitive connection to nature.

I have more questions than I ever have before, but I trust the God I know. That God knows the answers. That God is the answer!

So, I'd love to hear whatever you want to share about your own journey. I hope you will know that whatever your story is, it is welcome here!

No comments:

Post a Comment