Welcome to my blog!


I completely abandoned it a year or so ago but I'm back, now, still trying to discern a call to ministry (?) and figure out how to weave the various strands of my spiritual interests together with what seems to be an insistent call I haven't yet answered.

How it will all look, I have no idea!

So these posts will be for me until I can figure out exactly what I will offer to others.

You're still welcome to join me for tea & contemplation. :)

Meditation Video

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Native American Blessingway Baby Shower

The Blessingway Ceremony

"The blessingway ceremony helps a woman to prepare mentally, emotionally and spiritually for the work of birthing, and it opens her to the instinctive abilities, which will guide her as she steps into the role of mother." -Yana Cortlund, Barb Lucke and Donna Miller Watelet, Mother Rising

This book is one of the best one I found on this really beautiful ceremony! This lens will give you a lot of information on how to create a blessing ceremony for a mother-to-be, instead of a traditional baby shower.

Having a blessingway ritual doesn't mean getting rid of all that is traditional. You might still give gifts for the baby, or serve cupcakes, for example.

The basic process consists of four steps...

Creating Sacred Space
Shifting Negative Energy
Empowering & Opening to Guidance
Completing the Ritual

No comments:

Post a Comment